Sheet Metal Roofing in Macon Georgia
PITTMAN WALLER ROOFING CO
Pittman Waller Roofing Co is a leading commercial roofing contractor and industrial roofing contractor operating in Macon Georgia.
Commercial Metal Roofing Systems in Macon Georgia
Many different types of metal roof systems can be found on commercial structures. Standing seam metal roofs, coping, flat lock roof systems, flashings, perimeter edge metals, gutters, and through wall scuppers are commonly fabricated and installed by roofing contractors.
Installing a long-lasting and successful metal roof system requires the following*
- Roof Pitch – Standing seam metal roofs are typically recommended on slopes greater than 3/12. Flatlock roofs are recommended on slopes 3/12 or less.
- Type of Metal – Dissimilar metals can corrode when they come in contact with one another or drain on each other. Also, some metals are naturally weathering while others require painting.
- Thickness of Metal – The gauge or weight of metals must be considered for different types of installations and applications.
- Interior Building Conditions – Vapor barriers or corrosion protection on the underside of the roofing panels must be considered if any vapor is able to infiltrate the roof panels.
- Type of Fastener – Rivets, nails, and screws used in metal roofing applications must be compatible with the metal being installed.
- Thermal Movement – Metal, like all building materials, expands and contracts when exposed to changes in temperature. Metal roofs and box gutter liners can fail if the panels are not secured in one direction and are able to float in the other.
- Underlayment and Slip Sheets – Combinations of Rosin paper, asphalt felt, and (high temperature) ice and water shield are used to allow the metal panels to expand and contract without tearing the underlayment. The low melting point of the asphalt must also be considered as some metal systems can reach temperatures of 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Metal Finish – Factory-applied paint finishes for steel or aluminum are available in a wide variety of colors. Metal roof systems installed on churches, schools, or other historical buildings commonly use naturally weathering metals such as copper, stainless steel, or zinc.
*Courtesy of our sister company Deer Park Roofing
Why Choose Metal Roofing?
Metal roofing is a great option for longevity, peace of mind, and aesthetics. Metal roofs, when installed properly can last over 100 years if well maintained. They are often more expensive initially but can save money over the life of your roof. By the time you would need to replace a metal roof, you would likely have needed to replace a shingles roof 3 times.
Another benefit of metal roofing is aesthetics. Metal roofs give a distinct and eye-catching look to your home or business. It can dramatically improve the overall look of the exterior of a home or business.
If you are interested in installing a metal roof, contact us today for a FREE estimate for your home or business.
Central Georgia's Metal Roofing Experts
Pittman Waller is Central Georgia's leading expert on commercial metal roofing systems and standing seam metal roofs. Our team of standing seam metal roofing professionals has the experience, skill, and attention to detail required to make sure your new metal roof will last a lifetime.
Pittman Waller is proud to be part of a network of the highest-quality commercial roofing contractors in the nation. Roofing Corp of America is one of the top 100 roofing contractors in the nation, which means you can rely on us to have the reliability and infrastructure to support any commercial roofing project. Click to learn more